Gomocha is seeking a Software QA Tester for the team located in Southern California. The tester will join a team of developers and other testers to thoroughly test our products and deliver a bug free software to our clients.
Gomocha is a global and innovative specialist in field service software. We help solve GIS and mobile work management challenges worldwide through innovative enterprise mobility solutions. For more than 25 years Gomocha has specialized in delivering the best total solutions that seamlessly connect mobile field workers to the back office through in-depth knowledge of its clients’ business processes.
Test Engineer Duties Include
- Perform a variety of manual and automated testing activities to include:
o Database testing
o Unit and system testing
o Interface testing
o Client UI Testing
o Stress and Load Testing
- Design, develop and execute functional test cases that ensure the software meets the intended requirements and quality standards.
- Leverage agile testing methodology for test cases and scenarios pertaining to various component of the application that ensure the software meets the intended requirements.
- Work closely with product owners to understand products specifics and to create corresponding test plan, quality standards for the product.
- Review test scenarios for completeness.
- Ensure that all best practices and enterprise standards are followed.
- Ability to do database queries and evaluate interface logs and track the test from the tool to the server database through the interface logs and back down to the tool.
o Detailed test documents with screen shots
o Ability to produce documentation that are clear, unambiguous and verifiable.
o Write, revise, update and verify quality standards and test procedures.
o Review test scenarios for completeness.
o Document and classify defects in a defect tracking tool.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- Good verbal and communications skills are required to interact with very knowledgeable clients.
- Familiarity with Requirements Management, Test Management, and Defect Tracking Tools.
- Experience in waterfall, incremental and agile methodologies.
- Experience or knowledge of SCRUM
- Experience with WCF, IIS, DOS commands, Visual studio.
- Ability to read and understand code.
- Experience with databases such as SQL Server.
- Ability to think/work creatively, independently and as part of a team.
- Must have high attention to detail and be able to multi-task and change focus between tasks easily.
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about delivering high quality results on a timeline.
Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits are provided
- 401 (k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Fast paced, business casual work environment